Friday, November 1, 2013

interregnum (iv) sixteen months later....





Sixteen months and several lifetimes later I will have just gotten done having sex all day, pulling my dick out of her body like some arthrurian sabre, holding it uyp, feeling the wetness of her body as she mandates once again that I do nothing short but fuck her brains out, I will remain with her in her bedroom, her body with the scent of apples, I will kiss her forehead and make love to her again. We are both twenty years old. We will try new positions. We will use each others respective limbs as a vehicle to usher us to someplace we have never been before. We will make promises. We will make post-coital vows. For some reason, apres sex, in lieu of cigarettes, there is always a post coital Sprite.

 

“Have a lot of sex, drink a lot of Sprite.” I say, in jest.

 

I pull it out. She will grapple it like some kind of atari joystick from the mid-80's. She will ask me if I realize how in love with me she is. I will tell her I love her and kiss her forehead in the doorway of her dorm goodbye.

 

She has been wearing the confirmation ring my grandmother gave me in 8th grade, the ring I wore when I adorned my limbs in an almost pastoral cloak, binding myself into a theology, a dogma, I have been instructed all my life is the correct way to live, marrying Jesus. The confirmation ring inside reading my moniker-slash-initials-DVB. The ring I wanted to mail to Harmony. The ring I almost gave to sarah Thuey, the ring I slipped on Jana's lithe ring finger the first night we got naked, the night I spent the night in her dorm, lying to my parent's, telling them I was attending the ficitious annual B. Dalton holiday christmas party at Dunlap. Parking my 77 Chevette outside the penumbra's of Geisert Hall so as my father would not optically assay it by chance had he been driving down Main street early saturday morning, Jana, who called me up the sunday night after thanksgiving, after she returned home from South Padre for the first time, after I had just called Megan and left a meesage on her answering machine (a message, she will later tell me that she heard, that she was in the same room at the time her  her voice caroled like a bird through the electronic beret-sized stationary console, claiming that she was in the room when I called and left a message  but for some inexplicable reason  she could not hear my voice or call me back, not at that time anyway, and hearing the phone I will breath into four months later, spending three hours a night wading in the orchard of Megan's voice, that night, the phone ring, it being Jana, she asking me out for our inaugural date and how sixteen months after boarding that plane and heading home from Appleton I will simply inquire to her if she stood by the window and watched the plane I had just previously boarded take off and Megan will pause and tell me ya, know, I don't think I did.

 

When I ask her why she will remain silent before telling me.

 

“I think I just got back in my car and went home and did homework.”






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment